Michael Pulis (Director)
“There are easy ways to prevent plumbing problems that saves you money and saves me from coming over”.
There are a few general plumbing problems which can be easily identified. If you find your water bills to be unusually high, that’s usually because you have leaking taps, pipes or toilets. If you can hear a whistling sound in pipes new jumper valves would be required. Banging Pipes usually requires a re-saddle of pipes. Things like these are good to know, the next time you think you may need a plumber
Need some plumbing tips and advice? Would you like to save water and save money on your water bill?
With water becoming an even greater valuable resource here in Australia, here are some plumbing tips that you can do to conserve this precious resource.
- Dripping taps can waste up to 200 litres of water a day! Get those dripping taps fixed. Call Pulis Professional Plumbing on 0424 932 937
- Check all supply hoses for bulges, leaks or signs of weakness.
- All plumbing work over $750 requires by law to be issued with a certificate of compliance, ensure that the plumber you are using supplies you with a certificate of compliance.
- If you’re worried about hot water burning your kids or anyone else, Pulis Professional plumbing can install a system that will limit the temperature of the hot water, making your house a safer place.
- Old single flush toilets use 11 litres per flush! New toilets use 3 to 6 litres of water per flush. To save water upgrade your old toilet. It’s one of the most used appliances in the house.
- Never flush cotton swabs, cotton balls, diapers, sanitary products or similar items down the toilet. These items will not easily dissolve and are responsible for most clogs.
- If you can smell gas at your property immediately call us to rectify the leak. This can be dangerous if not addressed.
- Regularly service your gas appliances to ensure they are working efficiently and safely.
- Check to make sure that all connections are tight and leak free.
- Make sure that all drains have strainers to prevent hair, soap and debris from clogging the drain lines.
Should you need further assistance contact one of our friendly, reliable plumbers today!
Phone 0424 932 737
Look for Wet Spots: check under sinks, in attics and crawl spaces. If you find any traces of damp or mould, this might indicate your pipes are leaking!
Monitor water Pressure: if your shower starts losing pressure, or kitchen / bathroom taps begin to run slowly, this might be a sign of ‘build up’ or ‘partial blockage’ inside your pipes!
Be prepared!: emergencies happen, so plan ahead. First, ensure you know where your shut-off valves are. Second, have the number of Pulis Professional Plumbing stored in your mobile phone. If an emergency strikes, you’ll be able to act fast! Our phone number is 0424 932 737.
We service all of Melbourne, VIC.
Our service area include :
Eaglemont, Eltham North, Greensborough, Heidelberg, Ivanhoe, Rosanna, Viewbank, Watsonia
Beaumaris, Black Rock, Brighton, Hampton, Highett, Sandringham
Ashburton, Balwyn, Balwyn North, Camberwell, Canterbury, Hawthorn, Kew
Albion, Ardeer, Cairnlea, Deer Park, Delahey, Derrimut, Kealba, Keilor Downs, Keilor Park, Kings Park, St Albans, Sunshine, Sunshine North, Sunshine West, Sydenham, Taylors Lakes
Berwick, Clyde, Cranbourne, Endeavour Hills, Hallam, Hampton Park, Harkaway
Alphington, Bundoora, Kingsbury, Northcote, Preston, Reservoir, Thornbury
Carrum Downs, Frankston, Langwarrin
Bentleigh, Caulfield, Elsternwick, Gardenvale, Glen Huntly, Ormond
Dandenong, Keysborough, Lyndhurst, Noble Park, Springvale
Altona, Brooklyn, Laverton, Newport, Spotswood, Seabrook, South Kingsville, Williamstown
Attwood, Broadmeadows, Bulla, Campbellfield, Dallas, Gladstone Park, Greenvale, Jacana, Meadow Heights, Melbourne Airport, Roxburgh Park, Somerton, Sunbury, Tullamarine
Aspendale, Aspendale Gardens, Chelsea, Moorabbin, Parkdale
Bayswater, Boronia, Ferntree Gully, Knoxfield, Lysterfield, Rowville, Scoresby, Wantirna
Bulleen, Doncaster, Donvale, Park Orchards, Templestowe, Warrandyte
Braybrook, Footscray, Kingsville, Maidstone, Maribyrnong, Seddon, West Footscray, Yarraville
Croydon, Croydon Hills, Heathmont, Kilsyth South, Ringwood, Warranwood
Carlton, East Melbourne, Flemington, Kensington, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Melbourne, Parkville, Southbank, South Yarra, West Melbourne
Ashwood, Chadstone, Clayton, Glen Waverley, Huntingdale, Monash University, Mount Waverley, Mulgrave, Oakleigh
Aberfeldie, Airport West, Ascot Vale, Avondale Heights, Essendon, Essendon North, Keilor East, Kensington, Moonee Ponds, Niddrie, Strathmore
Brunswick, Coburg, Fawkner, Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park, Pascoe Vale
Albert Park, Balaclava, Elwood, Middle Park, St Kilda, South Melbourne
Armadale, Malvern, Prahran, South Yarra, Toorak, Windsor
Blackburn, Blackburn North, Box Hill, Burwood, Forest Hill, Mitcham
Bundoora, Doreen, Eden Park, Epping, Lalor, Mernda, Mill Park, Thomastown
Hoppers Crossing, Laverton North, Point Cook, Tarneit, Truganina, Werribee
Abbotsford, Burnley, Clifton Hill, Collingwood, Fitzroy, Richmond
Batman’s Hill, Digital Harbour, NewQuay, Victoria Harbour, Waterfront City
Beaconsfield, Beaconsfield Upper, Dalmore, Emerald
Brookfield, Burnside, Caroline Springs, Hillside, Ravenhall, Rockbank, Taylors Hill
Belgrave, Chirnside Park, Chum Creek, Coldstream, Dixons Creek, Don Valley, Kilsyth, Launching Place, Lilydale, Macclesfield, Tarrawarra
View our BLOG here with updated news and offers: http://ppplumbing.com.au/blog-post/